March 18 2008 - Ruth's 2008 Easter Cross

Easter Cross - Copyright 2008 Ruth Perry

I designed this little tiny Celtic Cross today while waiting for my oil change to be finished. I had just a couple yards of thread on a shuttle, and a little time to wait.

Begin with shuttle and ball thread, in this case I unwound about a yard from the shuttle, CTM.

Center: Reverse ring with three rings thrown off.
Rev Ring ( 3 (ring 3 - 3 - 3 - 3) 3 (ring 3 - 3 - 3 - 3) 3 (ring 3 - 3 - 3 - 3) 3 ) turn
Split ring ( 3 - 3/3 - 3 )
Split ring ( 3 - 3/3 - 3 )

Row of chains around the outside

Chain ( - 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 - 3 + [this join is to the same picot as the previous join at the end of the arm of the cross] 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 - 3 + [ join to the same picot as the previous join at the top of the cross] 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 - 3 + [ join to the same picot as the previous join at the end of the other arm of the cross] 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + ) The last join is to the first picot of the chain at the bottom of the cross, or you may tie the ends together at the bottom of the cross.

For my sample I cut the two ends to about 5" and used them to tie around about 6 wraps of the same thread to make a tassel. I added a loop of thread at the top to hang by. The tassel and loop are optional.

Enjoy!