March 22 - Pam's Cloud Idea by Ruth

Copyright 2007 Pam Baim


Copyright 2007 Ruth Perry





Pam Baim sent me the drawing at the top of this page as an idea for the tatting pattern calendar, and I promised I'd see what I could do with it. We already did a pot of gold, and some clouds. Well Pam said that she saw her cloud as half closed rings. Unfortunately those don't have much stability, so I came up with this cloud tatted with half beaded rings.

One shuttle with 30 seed beads, size 20 thread in a sky or cloud color. String 30 beads on the shuttle thread, cut from the ball of thread. This is just rings.

Instructions:

Slide 5 beads onto the core thread for each ring, they will just be on the core thread when the ring is closed.
Ring ( 15 large picots separated by 1 DS )
Repeat 5 more times. Tie the end of the thread to the beginning, and hide the ends then cut.

Did I mention that this is easy and beautiful. It looks to me like a way to fake a split ring technique. Do I see jewlery here??? Yes I do. Thanks Pam!!!